Helmut Kopka's interpretation of the TDS

K. Berry twg-tds@mail.tug.org
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 19:15:54 -0500

    Opinions anyone?  Any need to issue some sort of clarifying statement?

I guess we could.  Has anyone corresponded with Kopka?

    I mean, a proposed standard such as the TDS isn't worth very much if
    it leaves too much room for book authors or implementors to develop

The TDS *is* voluntary, after all.  If someone decides to
write/recommend stuff that is different from the TDS, and doesn't
communicate with us about any questions, there's not much we can do.