tds draft 0.9991

David Carlisle twg-tds@tug.cs.umb.edu
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 12:38:54 GMT

page 1
The last line of the header text starts with `/ ' looks strange to me
but perhaps it is OK in American addresses? Otherwise it might be
better to push your name on to the start of that line.

page 4
> one site might wish to consider
> ``nonlocal'' only those files that came with the particular \TeX{}
> distribution they installed;

singular->plural, how about

one site might wish to consider
``local'' all files that were not acquired as part of the
  installed \TeX{} distribution;

Page 14 appendix B1.

This is all future (or present) tense. Perhaps now should be reworded
to give more of an impression that tds is used in practice by now.
eg

>  The public release of this document is the first step in
> this process.

 The public release of the first draft of this document was the first
 step in this process.

etc and could mention that TDS is now (especially in its tetex and
texlive versions) used everday at many sites.

page 15
> \path|\replaceable{DEVICE}:/|, e
this makes ``\replaceable{DEVICE}'' verbatim

page 16.
Ulrik mentioned the amiweb2c example is messed up.
The following patch fixes this. It assumes  (correctly at present)
that any : in the environment occurs at the end of a file name.

*** tdsguide.cls~	Sat Nov 16 14:24:35 1996
--- tdsguide.cls	Wed Nov 20 12:18:23 1996
***************
*** 425,434 ****
--- 425,436 ----
      \catcode`\.=\CatActive
      \catcode`\<=\CatActive
      \catcode`\/=\CatActive
+     \catcode`\:=\CatActive
      \gdef\tds_dir_tags{%
          \catcode`\.=\CatActive  \let.=\tds_next_dir_level
          \catcode`\<=\CatActive  \let<=\tds_dir_category
          \catcode`\/=\CatActive  \let/=\tds_slash
+         \catcode`\:=\CatActive  \let:=\tds_colon
          \catcode`\_=\CatOther
          \tt
          }
***************
*** 449,454 ****
--- 451,457 ----
  \def\tds_slash{%
      \futurelet\next \tds_check_dir_end
      }
+ \def\tds_colon{:&}

  % We need two cseqs that are bound to the actions currently bound to
  % '(space . #\Space) and (tex:parse "\t"). A direct \let evaluation is

Appendix B3.
Nothing on a Mac or a PC? Shame.

Appendix D page 19

>  \CTAN:\path|tds|.

shouldn't all of these paths have a / after <CTAN:> as there is no /
at the end of the replacement text of <CTAN:>.

David