texmf/tex//

K. Berry TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 11:38:52 -0400

    > The question, as far as I know, is whether the TDS should require
    > implementors to provide a way to simultaneously define one path for one
    > program (latex-foo) and another path for another program (latex-bar).

    Yes, we should.

Joachim, I'm afraid don't understand. What is the proposed change here?

Is the idea that we're just clarifying that this is the case? That
filenames need not be unique across different formats? There's no
``real'' change to the directory structure going on here, just better
explanations of the ramifications?

It's certainly true that *if* you have non-unique filenames, then you
must more precisely specify the path.