Feeling uncomfortable with designation `public'

K. Berry TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 06:49:16 -0400

    I feel more and more uncomfortable with the designation `public' in the

Fine. public/ seems to be misunderstood/misused by everyone, so let's
drop it.

    b) There is ongoing talk (e.g. on comp.fonts) which wants to equate
    public with low quality. Of course, the originators of that talk have

I sincerely doubt a directory name will make any difference as to
people's opinions of font quality. Good fonts will become well-known,
bad fonts will be forgotten, by their very nature. But this is a side issue.