I'm back (I think :-)...

K. Berry TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 10:40:11 -0400

            generality.  If I lay claim to fonts/morin/martian/, I

Except supplier-first lost the battle, so it has to be fonts/*/morin/martian
:-(. Also, if you're the first Martian font designer, I think it'd
reasonable to put it in fonts/*/public/martian. If it was public, of course.

    be, for instance, that "plain" should be unique within "/".  Let me

I don't understand. There is no texmf/plain, just
texmf/{tex,metafont,metapost}/plain. The everything-in-a-package name
proposal was rejected, tooo ...

I doubt anyone has strong feelings for any particular format for the
header info. I sure don't. Any automatic generation from what we've got
now will sure be a win ...