texmf/bibtex substructure

K. Berry TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 14:51:10 -0400

Since I've seen no major objections, I've introduced the usual package
subdirectories into the current tds draft (see next msg. Oren and
Nelson, you can ftp it from ftp.cs.umb.edu:/private/tex/tds if you want).

Meanwhile, some responses to Oren's mail:

    (1) The apalike.{bst,doc,sty,tex} files point up some of the difficulties:

        apalike.bst---the bibliography style file
        apalike.doc---the documentation file for apalike.sty
        apalike.sty---apalike.doc with comments removed
        apalike.tex---roughly, an apalike.sty equivalent, for use with btxmac

Unfortunately, they will get spread out:
texmf/bibtex/bst/base/apalike.bst
texmf/doc/bibtex/base/apalike.doc
texmf/tex/macros/latex/misc/apalike.sty  (else latex/bibtex?)
texmf/tex/macros/plain/misc/apalike.tex  (else generic/misc?)

    if forced to pick one
    place or the other, I'd probably pick bib/base,  [for xampl.bib]

OK, that's where I suggested it go in the tds.

    sure where, and the person who wrote bibshare should probably add some

That was me, based on conversations with Nelson.

    comments saying for whom the advice is intended, and add their name.

I don't think the bibshare document should be distributed in its current
form. Sebastian, can you take care of removing it from CTAN?

         Address entries must always include the country

Hmm, I don't remember that part. Maybe someone else changed it.