Comments and questions concerning draft 0.98, directory layout

Sebastian Rahtz TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 15:09:07 +0100

 > I absolutely did build musictex.fmt in my days of working with musictex.
 > It was far too slow otherwise (on a 50MHz 486 ...).
thats cos you didnt have Linux then :-}

 > Anyway, we don't have to specify a location. Just thought we were being
 > a bit inconsistent in recommending tex/texinfo but not tex/musictex.
or musixtex as we pc people say these days :-}

i think its sort of up to the author to lay claim to a new format or
not. texinfo clearly does. maybe Taupin does, maybe he doesnt. can
you somehow express that argument in the TDS docs?

sebastian