Comments and questions concerning draft 0.98, directory layout

K. Berry TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 09:30:43 -0400

    i think we should use the format level sparingly; would anyone build a
    musictex.fmt? i somehow doubt it. while i dont feel that strongly i'd
    tend to go with the splitting analysis

I absolutely did build musictex.fmt in my days of working with musictex.
It was far too slow otherwise (on a 50MHz 486 ...).

Anyway, we don't have to specify a location. Just thought we were being
a bit inconsistent in recommending tex/texinfo but not tex/musictex.