Feeling uncomfortable with designation `public'

Pierre MacKay TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 13:38:04 -0700

Joachim's "pragmatic" version of what public/ is for is
exactly what I hope we will retain.

That is the way public/ has been used in the past, and I
don't see any need to change it.

I take the point about the necessity of old files in an
archive, and agree fully.  I should have said distribution
or installation.
%=======================================================================%
|                             N O T I C E                               |
|  Please note the changes in address and telephone number below.       |
|  There is no Northwest Computing Support Center any longer.           |
|  Until further notice, I shall be continuing to provide tape          |
|  distributions  and whatever other services I can.                    |
Email concerned with UnixTeX distribution software may be sent
To:     mackay@cs.washington.edu		Pierre A. MacKay
Smail:  Department of Classics			Emeritus Druid for
	Denny Hall, Mail Stop DH-10		Unix-flavored TeX
	University of Washington
	Seattle, WA 98195
	(206) 543-2268 (Message recorder)