Feeling uncomfortable with designation `public'

K. Berry TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 14:01:34 -0400

    Did we decide to drop `public'? I don't remember.

We didn't decide.

    with a name that he can choose himself. E.g., if Joerg or Yannis or
    Pierre or whoever wants an own directory we'll give them one. ;-)

I agree. Joerg, I assume you want one. `knappen' for the directory name,
or something else? And which fonts will go there, TS and DC and sauter?

As Pierre suggests, I don't see any problem with keeping public/ as a
catchall name for fonts. It's a nonstarter to try to assign supplier
names to every existing font from my point of view, anyway.

    Of course, we have to record that discussion in the document; or it

Right.