[Tugindia] Spoken Tutorial receives awards

bhutex bhutex at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 08:01:41 CET 2016

Congratulations Dr. Kannan for your efforts.

Recently Only I have seen the LaTeX and other Open source software
material. I downloaded the SciLab material and gave it to my LaTeX Students.

With best wishes

DVG

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 12:39 PM, Kavya Manohar <sakhi.kavya at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Great effort. Applauses.!!
>
> -Kavya Manohar
>
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 5:34 AM, Kannan Moudgalya <kannan at iitb.ac.in>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I am happy to inform you that our Spoken Tutorial efforts have been
> > recognised globally and locally:
> >
> > 1. Google MOOCs Research Award
> > 2. Reimagine Education Award, Co-sponsored by the Wharton School
> > 3. Nomination for the "HT for Mumbai" by Hindustan Times
> >
> > For details, please visit http://spoken-tutorial.org.  Although the
> third
> > one is local, it is possibly bigger, as Mumbai has 22 million people!
> >
> > Training on C programming is the most popular, with more than 200,000
> > people (mainly college students), trained, using GCC, during the past
> four
> > years, done free of cost.
> >
> > I am also happy to inform you that we have trained 57,000 people (mainly
> > college teachers) on LaTeX.  Out of this, about 5,000 people are learning
> > LaTeX through dedicated lab hours, for an entire semester, with
> exclusively
> > ear-marked LaTeX lab hours.  For details, please visit the above web site
> > and go to statistics > training, choose LaTeX in FOSS, play around with
> > Type, and then choose Filter.
> >
> > Kannan

D. Venu Gopal
Member - TeX User Group