[Tugindia] How to create Subchapters

Harish Kumar Holla harishkumarholla at pec.edu
Mon Jul 27 15:35:23 CEST 2015

I think you need to read section 3.9 of the titlesec manual.

Something like

\titleclass{\subchapter}{straight}[\chapter]
\newcounter{subchapter}
\renewcommand{\thesubchapter}{\Alph{subchapter}}

should work. straight will create titles in the middle of text (like
sections). If you want subchapters like chapters (i.e., at the top of the
page) use top instead of straight. Hope that helps.

As usual, if you provide a complete (compilable) MWE, I can provide tested
results :-)

with regards
=========================
Dr. Harish Kumar