[Tugindia] pl help : problem in using xetex/xelatex

Devendra Ghate devendra.ghate at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 05:08:14 CET 2013

Hello Aniruddha,

I do not use MikTeX installation, so cannot be of help here much. I am
only trying to point you in a proper debugging methodology.

First thing and mostly the only thing required in debugging in 99% of
the time is to generate a minimum working example (MWE). In your case,
first try compiling:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\begin{document}
Hello World!
\end{document}

If this compiles ( which I suspect, it won't) then we know that the
issue is with the MikTeX installation. If however, this works, then
starting adding one component at a time till you encounter the problem
and then you know the exact reason for the error message.

This helps people reading your mail emmensely to concentrate on the key
problem without getting distracted by the various packages called in
your code as well as the actual text.

I hope that you get back to the list with a good MWE and I am sure that
someone familiar with MikTeX will be able to point you in the right
direction. However, my experience is that comiling an MWE identifies and
solves the issue in most of the cases.

Also, it is helpful to give the exact command issued by you to compile
the MWE. For e.g.:

xetex mwe.tex or xelatex mwe.tex

followed by the error message (which you have kindly provided already).

Regards,
Devendra