[Tugindia] [texhax] TeX/LaTeX/Aleph in Ubuntuy 12.10

P. P. Narayanaswami swami at mun.ca
Sat Oct 20 10:25:56 CEST 2012

CVR's help command does not work, and still gives the same error message.
sudo fmtutil0sys --all
also does not help.  I was upgrading from Ubuntu 1210 to 1210 and
at some point of the upgrade, it complained that it cannot install tex-common
and thaitex, which I ignored. In the previous version, I was only using the
Texlive that I available from Ubuntu (and not the TUG one).
Will it help if I un-install the TeX Live Debian 21102 completely
and install TeXlive from TUG? If som, what is the simplest procedure?
Any help will be appreciated