[Tugindia] [Fwd: Customising Contents page]

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.cess at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 10:53:01 CEST 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 13:01 +0530, gauri gupta wrote:
> yes polyglosia is for XeLaTeX.
> I use MikTeX 2.9. it has all the packages compatible with Xelatex.
> include the following four packages with ur tex document.
>
> \usepackage{polyglossia}
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Minion Pro}  {comment: set according to
> ur choice}
> \setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Myriad Pro}
>
> while compiling the TeX document to get PDF document use Xelatex/
> Xetex from the options available.
>
> to include bibliography in the document follow: 1.xetex/xelatex, 2.
> bitex, 3.xetex/xelatex for compiling the document to get pdf.
> babel is old n obselete to some extent. polyglossia and Xelatex is to
> me seems the best option when one has to use other language in the
> documents.
> Polyglossia may generate certain package conflicts so try with the
> basic document first. dont use packes asmmath etc in the first go. try
> getting the desired fonts first. then add other packages according to
> the need. changing the order of packages generally helps solve the
> problem. googling package conflicts for polyglossia should help for
> this.
> above all helped me complete my thesis in which i had to use english
> and devnagari in same paragraph.
> hope it works. goodluck.
> Ms. Gauri Gupta,
> Asst. Prof. BMED,
> SGSITS, Indore

Dear Prof. Gupta,

Thank you for your suggestions. However, another person from the list
wrote to me personally and got my problem solved. What he did was to
just define page numbering to be in English and in Roman, so that the
numbers appeared properly in Latin script rather than in Malayalam
script.

Thanks and regards,
Sasi

--