[Tugindia] Q: changing etaremune to include a fixed prefix

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Sun Jul 31 20:06:46 CEST 2011

Greetz.

I am trying to create numbered lists where each number is prefixed by a character (e.g., C).  I figured out that the following macro emulates the enumerate environment:

\newcounter{ccount}
\newenvironment{cenumerate}%
{\begin{list}{$\mathcal{C}${}{{(\arabic{ccount})}}}%
{\usecounter{ccount}}%
}%
{\end{list}}

Then one can just use \begin{cenumerate} ... \end{cenumerate} so that each \item is marked as C(1), C(2), etc., unlike the plain (1), (2), etc., of enumerate.  However, I am unable to get this to work in etaremune style (where the numbers are marked in decreasing rather than increasing order).  Most obvious modifications to etaremune.sty either break it completely or just produce C(1), C(1), ...

Any suggestions appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao