[Tugindia] A LaTex Editor that is user friendly

Harish Kumar Holla harishkumarholla at pec.edu
Tue Jul 12 10:00:40 CEST 2011

Dear LaTeX users
Thank you all for the overwhelming suggestions. It will be nice if somebody
suggests editors for the beginners who want to quit word and start LaTeXing.
For windows users I suggest Texmaker, TeXnic center and LyX as freewares.
Winedt and Inlage are excellent but not freewares. Of these I vote for
winedt for average users due to its macro abilities. Inlage is good due to
its ability to produce equations, sketches etc. It will be nice if the
producers of these editors give a reduced price exclusively for India so
that every one can afford to them. Thank you all.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 09:34:55AM +0530, Kannan Moudgalya wrote:
> >

> > Mayuresh wrote:
> > >vi and/or emacs usually fit the bill. They are compact, fast etc. beside
> > >being highly customizable.
> > I agree.  I use emacs on my system.  Pressing Control-C twice
> > compiles the file.  If a correct pdf reader (not adobe acrobat) is
>
> evince on Linux fits this. Just open the pdf once. It will keep getting
> refreshed every time it is remade.
>
> You can trigger the remake using your own hotkey in vi or you can set it
> to be remade every time you save changes. (BTW automated remakes can be
> distracting. The idea is to focus on contents, complete them and then work
> on fine tuning the style matters. It is the latter phase that may require
> remaking pdf a no of times.)
>
> Mayuresh.

--with regards

Dr. Harish Kumar