[Tugindia] Rupee symbol for LaTeX on Mac OS X

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Tue Jan 4 00:55:11 CET 2011

El ene 4, 2011, a las 12:52 a.m., Kannan Moudgalya escribió:

> Inderpreet Arora wrote:
>> Sir, please see the following link:
>> http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/tfrupee/
>>
>> After downloading tfrupee.zip, I installed it with the help of this link:
>> http://www.tug.org/fonts/fontinstall.html
>>
>> I could make it work for MiKTeX on Windows. With the directions given for
>> TeXLive and MacTeX, it is likely to work on Mac OS as well.
>>
> I saw this link yesterday.  Unfortunately, I do not know how to use these instructions on Mac OS X.

I am using the symbol on Mac OS X with XeLaTeX (not plain LaTeX), using fontspec and the following lines in the preamble (with the font itself placed in /Library/Fonts):

\newfontface\Rupee{Indian Rupee} % Raju Das's Indian Rupee font
\newcommand{\Rs}{{\Rupee \symbol{"20A8}}}

Then in the main body (after \begin{document}), one can simply write ``This contract is worth \Rs 20,000,'' etc.

It is possible to use another font rather than "Indian Rupee.ttf" -- just change the name in the \newfontface appropriately.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao