[Tugindia] latex in gnuplot / increasing size of text in legend

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Sat Jan 1 11:07:22 CET 2011

> > Is there a way to put LaTeX labels on gnuplots ?

> I have used the following statements in my gnuplot command:

> set xlabel "$t$ (s)"

> set ylabel "$u(n)$"

> Is this what you are looking for?  Regards.

> Kannan

Basically I want the legend fontsize to be increased. It does not happen by

simply adding "fontsize", 20 after the legend.

Also, I tried the above code in my plot and got the following answer :

invalid conversion from string to real N-d array

expecting graphics handle as first argument

 Asha

The following is the code for plotting using GNU Plot

set terminal epslatex {default}

set terminal epslatex {standalone | input}

{oldstyle | newstyle}

{level1 | leveldefault}

{color | colour | monochrome}

{solid | dashed}

{dashlength | dl <DL>}

{linewidth | lw <LW>}

{rounded | butt}

{palfuncparam <samples>{,<maxdeviation>}}

{size <XX>{unit},<YY>{unit}}

{header <header> | noheader}

{blacktext | colortext | colourtext}

{{font} "fontname{,fontsize}" {<fontsize>}}

For full details see page 154 of the GNU Plot manual

DVG