[Tugindia] [OT/Commercial] Preparing PDF for offset printing [was] format for Off Set printer

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Thu Feb 10 06:28:43 CET 2011

I use OpenOffice 3.0!
Do you!!

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 07:45:09 +0530 "H.S.Rai" <hsrai at gmx.net> wrote

>On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM, H.S.Rai <hsrai at gmx.net> wrote:

>> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Radhakrishnan CV <cvr at river-valley.org> wrote:

>>> On 23-Oct-2010, at 4:14 PM, Sridhar M.A. wrote:

>> Thank to all who responded.

>> Now my printer is ready to experiment. He asked to give pdf, and jpg

>> of about four pages with coloured images, and he will try with that.

>The outcome of experiment is negative.

>Is it possible to do preparing job for off-set printing, with FOSS

>tool or for production there is only non-free tools. Here it my city,

>I got impression that CorelDraw is GOD. Even Goossens, Rahtz and

>Mittelbach wrote in their book "The LaTeX - Graphics Companion"

><quote page 348 last paragraph of section 9.5.1>

>... take professional advice before embarking on large-scale color

>project with LaTeX ...

></quote>

It says take professional advice. It didn't say CorelDraw is GOD.!!

Inkscape is like CorelDraw. You can create cdr files with Inkscape.

>Now, may I know some body who can prepare my pdf for offset printing,

>i.e. doing pagination (I don't know exact term, it put about four

>pages in different sequence on big page), colour separation [and then

>I have to see cost factor, in addition to risk of getting it delayed,

>resistance from all around me, who find giving to agency is more

>comfortable without caring about the use of software at his end], or

>can suggest me tools / procedure to do it. I read somewhere to do that

>pagination, what now, unable to find it.

I got printed black and white pdf documents.

Using pdfpages you can paginate (arrange pages according to forms). First know how many pages to a form will come. then you can set it.