[Tugindia] xfig-- help needed

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Thu Feb 3 05:55:44 CET 2011

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:05:49 , "vinay" <vinay_elc at rediffmail.com> wrote
Dear LaTeX Users,

I use LaTeX in my Ubuntu system with front-end as Kile.

I recently downloaded and installed Xfig and Transfig, for creating diagrams for my master's thesis.

I have also installed gnuplot for creating graphs.

I find it hard to learn both of them simultaneously, and am struggling to create good diagrams in xfig.

Can anyone suggest a good tutorial for xfig and gnuplot?

For GNU Plot the best way to learn is to see the Demos provided in the Demo folder of GNU Plot.

Very brief tutorials are available on the net. Please google.

DVG