[Tugindia] Request for help with \includegraphics

Richard HARDWICK rch at skynet.be
Thu Apr 28 09:57:04 CEST 2011

    This is a request for help with \includegraphics under pdfLaTeX.

    I've got a graph diagram made by GraphViz. Each node in the
    graph has a link to a webpage. If I embed the graph in html,
    the links work nicely, at least in Mozilla Firefox (example
    online at [1]).

    But when I make a LaTeX pdf with the same graph,
    via \usepackage{graphicx} ... \includegraphics and pdfLaTeX,
    all the links disappear (the pdf is online at [2]; the graph is on
    page 'what links with what')

    So far the only system that has given me working links in the
    final pdf, was to \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.eps}, and  to
    process the LaTeX to pdf via dvi, dvips and GS, instead of
    pdfLaTeX.

    When I go that route with a very simple .tex I get a pdf in
    which all the links in the graph do work.

    But my final pdf needs \usepackage{pdfscreen}; which dvi ...
    dvips ... GS dont understand.

    So my question is - how to get working links in a graphic made
    with \includegraphics and pdfLaTeX?

    Thank you in advance for your help

    R Hardwick
    (Brussels, Belgium)

    [1] The demo html is here - http://tinyurl.com/69xhosm
        Long address
http://users.skynet.be/watermael/miscellaneous/PGR_CWR_Acronyms.html

    [2] The (unfinished) pdf is here - http://tinyurl.com/6b4upjb
        Long address
http://users.skynet.be/watermael/miscellaneous/PGR_CWR_Acronyms.pdf
    The dead graph is on page 'What links with what'