[Tugindia] How to compile ICU

Aravinda VK hallimanearavind at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 07:08:39 CEST 2011

Downloaded TeX source from svn using the following command.
rsync -a --stats --delete --exclude=.svn tug.org::tldevsrc/Build/source .

As suggested I compiled the TeX source using
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/texlive/svn --with-x=no
make;make install

TeXLive compiled successfully. Bin directory created in
/usr/local/texlive/svn/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu

But I couldn't find XeLaTeX binary in that folder. Am I missing something?

Please suggest.

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Aravinda VK <hallimanearavind at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> In the svn link below it shows ICU version as 4.6(which is the latest
> release http://site.icu-project.org/download)
> http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/libs/icu/
>
> Is it not possible to only build icu for TeXlive, instead of building whole
> TeXlive as mentioned in previous mail? Please suggest.
>
> I searched in Texlive installed directory in my system for this ICU
> library. But didn't found any. Please suggest how can I confirm which
> version of ICU is used in the current TeXLive installation.
>
> --
> Regards
> Aravinda | ಅರವಿಂದ
> http://aravindavk.in
>

> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 4:06 AM, Radhakrishnan CV <cvr at river-valley.org>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Aravinda VK
>> <hallimanearavind at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Have some issue in kannada text rendering in texlive 2010 xelatex. Since
>> > xetex uses internal Icu, i need to compile latest version of Icu for
>> > texlive.
>> > Please suggest how can do that.
>> > How to check which version of ICU texlive 2010 is currently using. I
>> > searched in /usr/local/texlive/2010 but didn't find any.
>>
>> You need to check out the build sources from the SVN repository of
>> TeXLive, which is at:
>>
>>  svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Build
>>
>> The current version of ICU in the TeXLive build sources is 1.6.
>> Anonymous check out is permitted with the command:
>>
>>  svn co svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk
>>
>> For more details, take a look at:
>>
>>  http://tug.org/texlive/svn/
>>
>> Best