[Tugindia] Regarding TuG Lucknow

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Thu Oct 28 07:27:06 CEST 2010

Hello Mr Pandey

I am writing from Banaras Hindu University. Here we don't have a TUG (TeX Users Group) but I conducted about 7 LaTeX courses of one week duration (daily one - two hrs lecture demonstration) and about 200 PG/research scholars were trained.

I also conducted LaTeX training in Delhi, Banasthali and Jalandhar.

If you are interested to learn LaTeX you are welcome to Varanasi.

Venu Gopal

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 18:30:24 , Archit Pandey wrote
Hello everyone,

I am a Second year student from Bachelor of Science, at University of

Lucknow.

In Lucknow, I am also associated with an organization called, AIESEC, which

is the world's largest student-run youth organization.

I am not expert with TeX/LaTeX, although I can somehow make use of it

appropriately with some efforts. It has been just some time since I came to

know about the power of LaTeX - creating high-quality professional looking

documents.

There are several tasks in which college students require high quality

professional documents, whether it be a CV or thesis. Since I'm with AIESEC

and have a broad network with several students all over the city from

various levels and courses, I just am initiating a kind of awareness program

about LaTeX.

There are several students who were quite fascinated when I told them about

LaTeX and showed them some samples.

Here I would like to have a TUG User group of us students itself, and I

would like to supervise/mentor them into LaTeX.

I hope it to be a closed 'Google Group' with a name, say, TUG-Lucknow, and

I'd look forward to you all for any help/suggestions/advices that may be

required for it.

Many people present in this group are much more learned and experienced and

I hope they may like the idea of forming a small student group for

TeX/LaTeX, and promoting it further.

I hope you people may assist me with the same with some suggestions and

insights.

Sincerely,

Archit Pandey

Bachelor of Science -II