[Tugindia] Regarding TuG Lucknow

Archit Pandey archit005 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 13:45:32 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I am a Second year student from Bachelor of Science, at University of
Lucknow.
In Lucknow, I am also associated with an organization called, AIESEC, which
is the world's largest student-run youth organization.
I am not expert with TeX/LaTeX, although I can somehow make use of it
appropriately with some efforts. It has been just some time since I came to
know about the power of LaTeX - creating high-quality professional looking
documents.
There are several tasks in which college students require high quality
professional documents, whether it be a CV or thesis. Since I'm with AIESEC
and have a broad network with several students all over the city from
various levels and courses, I just am initiating a kind of awareness program
about LaTeX.
There are several students who were quite fascinated when I told them about
LaTeX and showed them some samples.
Here I would like to have a TUG User group of us students itself, and I
would like to supervise/mentor them into LaTeX.
I hope it to be a closed 'Google Group' with a name, say, TUG-Lucknow, and
I'd look forward to you all for any help/suggestions/advices that may be
required for it.

Many people present in this group are much more learned and experienced and
I hope they may like the idea of forming a small student group for
TeX/LaTeX, and promoting it further.
I hope you people may assist me with the same with some suggestions and
insights.

Sincerely,
Archit Pandey

Bachelor of Science -II