[Tugindia] [OffTopic] format for Off Set printer

H.S.Rai hsrai at gmx.net
Sat Oct 23 05:06:33 CEST 2010

It might be off-topic, as it has nothing to do with use of TeX/LaTeX,
but may not be, as it involves ultimate use if LaTeX.

When I asked my printer to print (a small book, Souvenir to be
precise), with my softcopy, with not permission to touch it, correct
it, redesign it. Then he demanded file in format "cdd" format of corel
draw. On my refusal to do so, and asked which other format you can
accept, hos answer was: "No other format". So, I refused to place
order to him.

I want him to give my softcopy directly to plate maker, I will give
him making setting of pages. Are there any printer who can do like my
desire and accept in some open format like ps, eps, pdf, svg, jpg or
my printer's software also accept all these, only thing is that he is
ignorant.

Hoping to get quick help.

With regards

--