[Tugindia] Unified documenting [was] Regarding usage of css in latex

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Mon Jun 28 07:51:54 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 7:22 AM, H.S.Rai <hsrai at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:53 PM, S. venkataraman <svenkat at ignou.ac.in>
> wrote:
> >
> > If you want to create both presentation and notes from the
> > same source, you can use beamer.
>
> Is it appropriate to call such process "Unified Documenting"?
>
> IIRC, pdfscreen can also be used for this purpose. Would like if
> someone with more insight of pdfscreen and Beamer, may advise OP about
> their relative suitability.
>
> --
> H.S.Rai

What do you have in mind   by unified processing?
I have checked out the pdfscreen documentation thinking
I might have missed something in the documentation.   It doesn't
allow you to produce notes from the same source. I thought that you may have

pdfslides in mind so I checked it too.  Even this doesn't have this
facility.
Pdfscreen and Pdfslides have the advantage that
they are easy pick up as opposed to beamer.  Pdfscren is good when you want
create e-book in PDF
format. But, they don't seem to have any facilities for `unified processing'
now.

So,  can you clarify the basis of your statement?
Such off the cuff
postings are of no help.  Before you post kindly check your facts.'
Apart from the standard features, beamer also has the commands
\mode<article>, \mode<presentation> and this can have text appear only
in specific versions.
Venkataraman