[Tugindia] Verdana True Type Font in latex

bala guru balagurusamym at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 17:09:32 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I need to use Verdana TrueTypeFont in LaTeX.

I have followed the instruction given in the below link to process the
files:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/winfonts/

I have coded the text as follows:

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[T1,mtbold]{mathtime}
\font\bala=jvnri8t at 25pt
\font\guru=jvnr8t at 18pt
\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{document}
{\bala{hai welcome}}
{\guru{test file}}
\end{document}

When I process the files in pdflatex, I am getting the correct output in
Verdana True Type Font.  But if i process this in latex, the following
errors oocur:

%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: ]%%
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Please suggest to rectify the errors and to get the correct output.

Regards,
Balagurusamy