[Tugindia] Math Symbols

Manjusha Joshi manjusha.joshi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 09:00:48 CEST 2010

 Hello Sebastian,

>>>In Analysis, the interior of a set M is denoted by *'M with o above'. *Please
>>>tell me how to create it in LaTex.

>> $M^\circ$

> $M^\circ$ will give : [image: M^\circ]
>
> I think what you asked for is [image: \stackrel{\circ}{M}]which is
> $\stackrel{\circ}{M}$
>
> or perhaps this:[image: \stackrel{\circ}{\mathrm{M}}] which is
> $\stackrel{\circ}{\mathrm{M}}$

Following  will work.

 $ ~ ^\circ   M$

Note that ~ is   just dummy base so that one can have `o' as superscript.

To reduce spacing between `o' and `M' one can use \! in addition, then
code will look like this.
$ ~ ^\circ \! M$

I hope there must be some other command which can directly generate
similar output.

Regards,

--
Manjusha S. Joshi
P.I. of project on Use of Open source software for Teaching Maths,