[Tugindia] TeX live CDROM/DVD

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Thu Jan 28 04:09:51 CET 2010

>> If you are looking forward to making available ISO images of a ready
>> to run CD, it might be great if you restrict to three popular systems
>> like gnu/linux, windows and os x.  CD can be customized to include
>> packages, fonts and related stuff which are relevant to indic
>> computing.
>>
>> Shall I direct people to contact you whenever TUGIndia receive
>> requests for TeXLive?
> Yes.  Will be glad to be of service to the TeX community.  That is our
> way of saying thanks to all those who have helped make LaTeX such a
> wonderful system.  Regards.
We are not in a position to prepare the MASTER DVD, however.  We will be
glad to REPLICATE and MAIL it to all interested users.

As mentioned above, the DVD should have images for Windows, Mac and of
course, linux.  Some may also want this to be bootable.  Indian language
support should be provided, along with tutorials on how to do this.  All
the tutorials of Tug India can be included.  From our side, we will
include the spoken tutorials as well.  At present we have 11 tutorials
in English.  Soon, we would have dubbed them into Hindi and Marathi.
Dubbing into Kannada is about to start.  Hopefully, we can make this
available in many other Indian languages as well.

There have been suggestions also for several other things.  It is not
clear whether all of them will fit into one disk.  I hope that we can
start this work instead of spending all the time discussing what should
go into the DVD.

Regards.

Kannan