[Tugindia] TeX live CDROM/DVD

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Jan 21 06:29:35 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Kannan Moudgalya <kannan at iitb.ac.in> wrote:
> Dr. Parthasarathy S wrote:
>>
>> Greetings. How can I get a copy of : TeX live CDROM/DVD ?
>>
> We sent a few LaTeX DVDs free of cost to Partha.  This DVD included the
> following files
>
> -rwxrwxrwx@    1 kannan  staff  1284129786 Nov  9 10:38 MacTeX.mpkg.zip
> -rwxrwxrwx@    1 kannan  staff  1276192736 Nov  9 10:39
> texlive2008-20080822.iso.lzma
>
> and a FULL MiKTeX and some spoken tutorials.  As Partha still wants the TeX
> live, I assume that the DVD that we created does not have all the
> information.
>
> Can someone tell me what all a TeX live distribution should have?  We can
> create it and send to TeX enthusiasts in the country.

TeXLive has binaries of compilers and utilities for most of the
operating systems (popular ones like gnu/linux, mac os x, win32 and
others like solaris, freebsd, aix, hp unix, alpha linux, etc) and
different processors (like ppc, intel-x86, amd64) plus all packages,
fonts and related or supporting stuff.

TeXLive shall be ready to run, meaning, TeX and friends shall be
available to run straight from the CD/DVD plus options to install to
disk if the user wants it.

If you are looking forward to making available ISO images of a ready
to run CD, it might be great if you restrict to three popular systems
like gnu/linux, windows and os x.  CD can be customized to include
packages, fonts and related stuff which are relevant to indic
computing.

Shall I direct people to contact you whenever TUGIndia receive
requests for TeXLive?

Best regards