[Tugindia] ITRANS mappings for XeLaTeX

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Sat Jan 2 17:29:31 CET 2010

Greetings.

A happy new year to all.

The package xetex-itrans which provides mappings for ITRANS-style keyboard inputs for XeLaTeX is now available on CTAN:

http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/generic/itrans/

I presume that this will be included with TeX Live also (like the Harvard-Kyoto and other mappings) sometime in the future.

Mappings are currently available for Devanagari and for Kannada, which are the only Indian scripts I know.  It would be nice if other TeXies could add similar mappings for other scripts.  A Baraha mapping for Kannada is presently in the works and will be uploaded to CTAN when tested and ready.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao