[Tugindia] Y&Y TeX dviwindow

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Thu Feb 11 08:14:38 CET 2010

If you have any legacy documents(latex209), Latex2e has a compatibility
mode.  You can try it out.  Change the first
line of the file from \documentstyle{article} to \documentclass{article}.
The file should compile fne.  If you have any old packages, load them
using the \usepackage{package_name} instead of including it in the options
list of \documentclass command.  If you have not used any non-standard
packages, it
should work.

By the way, latex209 is still available from CTAN from
http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/obsolete/macros/latex209/
and you do not need Y&Y tex.  Of course, I do not know if it is possible
to use both latex209 and latex2e on the same machine.
Best regards,
S. Venkataraman