[Tugindia] Mathtime font uses

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Mon Feb 1 09:20:51 CET 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Shashi Kumar
<shashi.kumar at glyphinternational.com> wrote:
> Dear Texians,
>
> I receive following error when using fonts in math.
>
> ! Font U/mtt/m/up/10=mtgu at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not
> found.
>
> Though, I checked and mtgu.tfm is available in mathtime folder.

Are you sure, mtgu.tfm is in the search path of TeX?  The TFMFONTS
variable in my system says:

  TFMFONTS=.;{$TEXMF/fonts,$VARTEXFONTS}/tfm//

which means, it can be the current working directory or
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/ or
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-var/fonts/tfm/  (this is specific to my
system, need not be the case for you).

Can you please check and confirm the status in your system?

As a dirty trick, you might copy the mtgu.tfm to your working
directory and recompile the document.  If there are no errors, then
your mathtime tfm setup is wrong.

Best regards