[Tugindia] alt text for figures

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Apr 29 10:42:35 CEST 2010

On 28-Apr-2010, at 6:11 PM, Ambika Vanchinathan wrote:

> I inserted the macro in the TeX file, inserted alttext command with a text
> for figure and compiled using pdflatex.  When I checked the pdf in Acrobat
> Pro--Advanced--Accessibility--Touch up reading order--figure, I get "no
> alternate text exists" on selecting a figure. Am I missing something? Is there any
> other way to check the alternative text given in the file? Kindly suggest.

I know no other way, Ambika. Acrobat Pro is the best parser for PDF's to check compliance.  By the way, can you please send me privately a small PDF created by some other means, but passed by Acrobat?  If you can keep the compression level to 0 (the default compression is 9, highest), I can check the literals and adjust our TeX macros accordingly. It shouldn't be a big problem.

Best

A crisis is when you can't say "let's forget the
whole thing".