[Tugindia] Mapping Unicode characters

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Sep 17 13:31:28 CEST 2009

On 17-Sep-09, at 4:27 PM, Shrisha Rao wrote:

> El sep 17, 2009, a las 4:15 p.m., Suresh Avarulakshmi, Integra
> escribió:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Can any one update how to map the fonts to Unicode characters, for
>> further
>> usability in LaTeX.
>
> Try XeLaTeX; it does what you are trying to accomplish.
>
>> And also, the feasibility to generate the tagged PDF in
>> LaTeX.
>
> I know the hyperref package can be used for some things, though I
> don't know if it meets all relevant standards.

Tagged pdf (creation with pdfTeX) is still a work in progress, early
results of which can be seen in the presentation made by Ross Moore at
TUG 2009. Please take a look at:

  http://river-valley.tv/towards-tagged-pdf/

It might take a while before you will be able to make use of pdfTeX
out of the box to create tagged pdf.

Best regards

There is only one way to console a widow.  But remember the risk.
		-- Robert Heinlein