[Tugindia] installing a file from miktex package manager 2.4.1667

Kalidoss Murugesan kalidoss.murugesan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 01:40:00 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:56 AM, David Owen <twychicky at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Everybody,
> I have a problem in installing subfigure.sty from miktex packages. Wherever
> I click "install" I get the error message:

1. MiKTeX 2.8 is available for download and you may upgrade to version 2.8.

2. It is possible that sometime in the past, you downloaded the packages
    from the website and before it was over, you closed the program.
    That means the package definition that your setup has an unmatched entry
    for the package you now want to install.  Hence the error message.

3. I doubt whether MiKTeX 2.4 is still available: but you may try to
install
    the package from internet.  For this you have to go to  MiKTeX | Package
Manager
    and change the repository to internet.

4. For the present try this: with your existing setup, go to  MiKTeX |
Package Manager
    and then do "Synchronize the repository".
--
With regards,

M. Kalidoss