[Tugindia] Memoir class problem

Dr C. K. Raju dr_c_k_raju at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 15:39:13 CEST 2009

I am facing a peculiar problem with the memoir class. If I add a \tableofcontents entry, both latex and pdflatex hang.  (I have used this class and that entry earlier without any problem, and those earlier projects are still compiling fine.)

If I comment out just this one line, all the files compile without error.

I have found a workaround, of course, but I am curious to know what might be the problem. (It is not package hyperref. ) Any guesses? Any one else encountered a similar problem?

The only new thing I have added to the earlier preamble is the package textcomp, and a new list definition.

CKR