[Tugindia] Tamil/Malayalam Omega and Landscape Mode

Swami Pallasena swami at math.mun.ca
Mon Jan 5 14:44:01 CET 2009

Loadng the package "lscape", with
\usepackage{lscape}, and typing
\begin{landscape}
some Tamil/Malayalam text in Unicode
\end{landscape}
does not place the Tamil/Malayalam text in landscape mode in that page.
Only the  page and the page numbering get placed in landsacape
and the actual Text is still in portrait mode.  I guess this has something
to do with'"odvips", since the same problem occurs with ordinary English
text with  the route     lambda --> odvips --> ps2pdf.
Do I have to use any  flag with the "odvips" command to forcecvlandscape
mode? Any help in placing Tamil/Omega text in landscape mode will be
appreciated.