[Tugindia] Pausing of items in pdfscreen

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at cvr.cc
Thu Jan 1 15:46:24 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 5:05 PM, shubhanga aithal <knsa1234 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Tug Users,
>
> I am using  pdfscreen.sty (Copyright (c) 1999, 2000 C. V. Radhakrishnan)
> to prepare slides. I wanted to introduce `pause' in enumerate/itemize environmnt. One suggested way is to use only one \item in each slide.
> As you know it leads to huge file size.
>
> I even tried using pause.sty and \pause. It compiles without any error but it does not work as expected (when arrow/page- key is pressed).

You need to post-process the PDF with Ppower4, a java program which is
also available at CTAN.  The post-processed pdf will have incremental
build as you wanted.

By the way, pdfscreen is age old and I have not worked on it since
2000. I would recommend using beamer which is far more feature rich.

Best regards