[Tugindia] Problem with Omega Malayalam

P. P. Narayanaswami swami at mun.ca
Fri Aug 28 21:13:17 CEST 2009

Strange, and I am really puzzled how  the landscape mode
for Malayalam Omega worked for you.
It does "not" work for me, either in Malayalam Omega or in
Tamil Omega, (or even when an ordinary LateX file with no
unicode fonts is run through Omega/Lambda instead of pdfLaTeX)
if we go via--          lambda -> odvips -> ps2pdf.
The page and the page number are placed in landscape. but the
actual text content is still in portrait mode. This is just the
opposite of what happens in non-Omega situations with pdfLaTeX.
I am using TeXLive 2005 on Fedora 5.

Usually, when pdfLaTeX  is run on a simple .tex file (with no unicode)
with lscape package loaded, we get the actual text material
in landscape mode, but the page orintation and page numbering remain
unaltered. But, on the "same" file, if we do
         lambda-> odvips-> ps2pdf,
just the reverse happens.  The page and the page number is rotated
90 degree clockwise, but the actual text matter remains in portrait
mode.  I guess this may not be Malayalam/Tamil Omega-specific problem,
but has something to do with the behaviour of the "odivps" package
while using "lscape" package, at least in TeXLive 2005.
I posted this question to the Omega newsgroup,and
sent mails to Yannis, but got no response.
Narayanaswami