[Tugindia] Malayalam LaTeX

Alex A.J. indictex at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 08:18:45 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Asha G<dendron.15 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know if Malayalam LaTeX is available in a kile format.

If you mean the TeX editor with KDE, Omega-Malayalam works perfectly.
Only thing is you have to configure Malayalam display/editing in KDE.
I'll post detailed instructions in a few days.

> Also, if it can only be used with  a Linux operating system or can be used
> with Windows (XP) too.

The Omega package is fairly OS-independent. I got it working on XP with MikTeX
some time back. You have to manually copy all the files to the proper locations,
and edit a few files. Unfortunately, i can't remember the details now.

> Is there any tutorial?

Currently i don't have a windows installation. Will do a tutorial as
time permits.

Regards
Alex.