[Tugindia] Problem installing packages

aniruddha majumder invincible19812000 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 11:23:13 CEST 2009

Dear TeX Users,

  I am using MiKTeX as TeX distribution and WinEdt as  editor. Recently I am facing a problem that I cannot install any new packages. Normally I use 'Browse packages' from start menu or WinEdt to install new packages. But, now when I try to install any package, it only shows  downloading, no progress occurs. It may be mentioned that the operating system on the PC in Windows Vista.

I will be oblinged if anyone can suggest me how to overcome this problem.

Regards,

Aniruddha