[Tugindia] Using XeLaTeX

Nina Mazumdar nina.mazumdar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 09:27:33 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 12:41 PM, V. Sasi Kumar
<sasi.keraladevelopment at gmail.com> wrote:
> While trying to learn to use XeLaTeX (since I have to generate documents
> in English and Malayalam), I tried to run the sample document given at:
> http://xetex.wiki.sourceforge.net/My+first+XeLaTeX+or+XeConTeXt+Document
>
> I got an error message that says:
> ! LaTeX Error: File `lmodern.sty' not found.
>
> Why does this error come up, and how can I solve the problem? Has anyone
> here used XeLaTeX? Can anyone point out a good guide?

There is a very responsive XeTeX mailing list at:

  xetex at tug.org

You will get more professional support from XeTeX list. XeTeX is on
the process of evolving itself and might have a few more silly bugs.
However, Jonathan Kew, who is the author of XeTeX is very active in
that list to help you.

Happy TeXing and best regards

--
Nina