[Tugindia] Thanl you very much

Nina Mazumdar nina.mazumdar at gmail.com
Thu May 15 08:17:42 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 10:43 AM, sudheer <sudheer108 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for your reply. Now I am getting convinced that I should
> go for latex to prepare my thesis. But basically  my problem is with

There you are!  Thank you very much for choosing LaTeX which is the sane way.

> figures. How to insert jpeg images? I have mixture of jpeg and eps figures.
> So there comes the question.

That is not a problem at all.  You can grab 'epstopdf' (from CTAN)
which is a small perl utility that will seamlessly convert all your
.eps files into .pdf format.  .pdf format is acceptable to pdfLaTeX
along with your .jpg figures.  There is also another alternative --
epstopdf.sty.  If loaded in your document, will dynamically convert
all your .eps files into .pdf format and include in your document.

> But once aging I appreciate your answer and it shows that you have very good
> command over latex.

Not much, the tutorials of TUGIndia were the main source of
information along with other documentation at CTAN.

Happy TeXing and best regards

--
Nina