[Tugindia] Kile compiling

Manjusha Joshi manjusha.joshi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 15:12:49 CEST 2008

Hello Ashaji,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Asha G <dendron.15 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a document written with kile. When I try to compile with LateX, dvi
> to pdf conversion and then read pdf - I get a message that it cannot open
> this document.

1) If you wanted to check your kile installation. You check with some
other TeX file
with same sequence of compilation, like LaTeX-> then dvi to pdf conversion.
If it works for some other file. Your installation has no problem.

2) Another option  is you can any way view dvi document after you
compile with LaTeX.  (Other than some situations.)  With which you
will come to know what is missing (if some thing is, that prevents dvi
file to convert into pdf.)

3)  You can directly use  option TeX->pdf which compile TeX file and
convert it into pdf

>When I try opening it - the pdf document is in binaries. The
> same is true if I build with pdfLateX.
> Can someone tell me whether the problem is in the way kile is installed . If
> so, what shd be done to correct it.

Good Luck!
-Manjusha