[Tugindia] Help on XeTeX

Ramji Srimurugan srimurugan.imagine at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 11:46:30 CEST 2008

Dear Tugindia members,

   I have a requirement to create documents with multi-lingual text (say,..
English, Tamil & Devanagari). Seems like XeTeX which accepts Unicode input
is quite suitable for the process. I am however completely new to this
development and have a number of queries related to the same..

1. Can we use LaTeX tags/literals within XeTeX ?? (Do the packages meant for
use with LaTeX work with XeTeX too ?)
2. How to edit Unicode documents ?? (came across one editor called yudit but
fonts (and kmap ??) for Tamil are not available)
3. Does XeTeX support Mathematics just as LaTeX does ??
4. Does it require installing any fonts (OpenType or TrueType) to be
installed on the PC used

Looking forward to being shown the proper direction for further work. Thanx
in advance

-Ramji