[Tugindia] formula and calculations

H.S.Rai hsrai at gmx.net
Thu Dec 4 18:28:55 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 5:39 AM, E. Krishnan <ekmath at asianetindia.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, H.S.Rai wrote:
>
>> Is there some trick / wayout or addon, by which formula written in
>> LaTeX may be evaluated by substituting values
<snip>
>    Let $c=a^2+b^2$. For $a=2$ and $b=4$, we get
>    $c=\sumsquare{2}{4}$

But you have entered formula twice, once for calculation purpose, and
second time for display. I wished to enter it once, then by some mean
we should able display it and get the calculations done (if not
comples like \int, may be simple like division, multiplication etc).
So that chances of error are eliminated.

For doing thing as you suggested, I prefer to generate .tex file from
C++ or PHP, as I am not that good in LaTeX.

> PS: Hai! long time no see

I am working in an environment where no one uses LaTeX. So I am also
not able to work much with LaTeX. But when ever I plan to do something
serious work, I have to thing about LaTeX.

--
H.S.Rai