[Tugindia] Full screen images with beamer?

Josy P. Pullockara josy at ctfd.cmmacs.ernet.in
Fri Aug 29 07:47:43 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 23:21 +0530, Ajay Shah wrote:
> I have long wanted to do two kinds of things:
> * To be able to have a slide which is just a .jpg file - a full screen image
> * To be able to use such an image as a background, and write on top of
>   it using latex as usual.
> How would one do these things in beamer?

In the long time that you wanted, if you had done some google search you
would have got to the page
http://tug.org/mail-archives/texhax/2007-March/008035.html
according to which:

\documentclass{beamer}
\setbeamercolor{background canvas}{bg=}
\usebackgroundtemplate{\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth, height=\paperheight]{tt.jpg}}
\begin{document}
Test
\end{document}

and for normal articles,

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{eso-pic}
\begin{document}
\AddToShipoutPicture*{\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth, height=\paperheight]{tt.jpg}}
Test
\end{document}

works like a breeze when compiled using pdflatex.
--
Josy P. Pullockara

Scientist,                             eMail:josy at ctfd.cmmacs.ernet.in
Computational and Theoretical          Phone:+91-80-2505 1620
Fluid Dynamics Division,               Fax  :+91-80-2522 0952
National Aerospace Laboratories        Cell :+91-9448376505