[Tugindia] Using variable definitions from another auxiliary file

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Sat Aug 23 08:35:47 CEST 2008

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 Kannan Moudgalya wrote :
>Hi,
>
>I would like to use the variable definitions from SOME OTHER .aux file.
>Is it possible?  If so, how does one do it?
>
>Now I will explain why I need this.  I am writing a solution manual to
>my book.  The book and the solution manual are two completely different
>books, with completely different set of files, etc.  In the solution
>manual, however, I would like to refer to the equation number, etc. of
>the book.  I would like to refer to these numbers with the original labels.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Kannan

I assume it is possible. Keep both your books in one .tex file using the \includeonly and \include commands.
First compile the Part I of the book. (at this run use \includeonly and include all the Part I .tex files)

During the second run use \includeonly and include the .tex files of Part II.

This should work.

Venu Gopal